cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindner
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,
i want to create a report whith the last boottime of the computers.
Is there any registry key that i can read out?

I hhave seen, that there is a file called "bootstat.dat" in "c:\windows\".
is it possible to read out the timestamp with lansweeper?

with kindly regards
Andreas
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Note that uptime scanning will be included in Lansweeper 5.0. Lansweeper 5.0 is currently in development and we expect to have a beta installer ready by October. Anyone with an active Lansweeper license is guaranteed free access to all updates, including major updates like the 5.0 one.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ghelpdesk
Champion Sweeper
Ah - it is too. Thanks for the info.
ghelpdesk
Champion Sweeper
We have been using a file scan of C:\pagefile.sys for some time as well, however I've just realised that LS does scan the pagefile via WMI (although the default idletime is 20 days). If you were to change that to 0 you could report on this data instead of setting up a separate filescan.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ghelpdesk wrote:
I've just realised that LS does scan the pagefile via WMI (although the default idletime is 20 days). If you were to change that to 0 you could report on this data instead of setting up a separate filescan.

The last modified date of pagefile.sys is not retrieved through this WMI scan. Note that the "Lastchanged" field of tblPageFile indicates when Lansweeper last detected (scanned) a change in the tblPageFile field data.
DGoodwin
Engaged Sweeper
Setup file scanning to scan for the c:\pagefile.sys in the root of the drive. The last modified time is the boot time on that file. Then setup a report like this:

Select Top (1000000) tblComputers.Computername, tblComputers.ComputerUnique, tblComputersystem.Model, tblOperatingsystem.Caption, tblFileVersions.LastModified As [Up since], tblComputers.Username As [Last Logged on User], tblComputers.Lastseen As [Last Seen] From tblComputers Inner Join tblFileVersions On tblComputers.Computername = tblFileVersions.Computername Inner Join tblComputersystem On tblComputers.Computername = tblComputersystem.Computername Inner Join tblOperatingsystem On tblComputers.Computername = tblOperatingsystem.Computername Where tblFileVersions.LastModified Is Not Null And tblFileVersions.FilePathfull Like '%pagefile.sys' Order By [Up since]

You will get the last modified time on the pagefile based on the last scan of the computer, so any computer with a current scan date should be accurate.

It's not the best, but it works for what we need here.
Lindner
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

great, then i will wait for the Update...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Note that uptime scanning will be included in Lansweeper 5.0. Lansweeper 5.0 is currently in development and we expect to have a beta installer ready by October. Anyone with an active Lansweeper license is guaranteed free access to all updates, including major updates like the 5.0 one.
mdouglas
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm not sure if there's anything in the registry, but you could use a custom action using PSExec.exe to connect to the remote PC and run one of the following:
systeminfo| find "System Boot Time"

net statistics workstation | find "Statistics since"

The only caveat is that the PC would have to be on-line at the time it was run.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now