cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ezhess
Engaged Sweeper
Keeping track of licensed software is pretty straightforward. But how are you keeping track of unlicensed software, such as Drivers, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Reader, Etc... I originally created a Group called "Unlicensed Software" and added all those types of software under that group. The problem with this method is anytime I browse to the "Software" tab on the "Unlicensed Software" group it's extremely slow and all of those software versions still show up on the license compliance report. Ideally I would like to tell Lansweeper to ignore certain software altogether.

I would love to hear how others are keeping track of this type of software. Also under Reports there is a software report report for Approved Software, Unapproved Software, and Unrated Software. How do I classify software so it will show in those reports?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Most customers only add the software for which they need a license and they ignore everything else.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Most customers only add the software for which they need a license and they ignore everything else.
ezhess
Engaged Sweeper
Ok. So is it a bad idea to create my own category and put 100's of Software under it?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Currently Lansweeper cannot identify software categories, we are planning this for a future version.
ezhess
Engaged Sweeper
Over 60 Views and nobody cares to share how they manage their software licenses? At least let me know if I'm on the right track with what I've already started, or if I'm a complete idiot. Thanks! 🙂