cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kleinsak
Engaged Sweeper
My SQL knowledge is limited and I'm asking for help modifying the built in report "Software: Changes in the last 24 hours". We would like to add a field for the software location on the machine. We work in a Citrix environment and standard users do not have the rights to install software locally, but some software will get around that by adding it the the user's App Data folders. We would like to add the information of where the software is "installed/located" to help narrow down the individual who installed the software (mainly IE plugins). When we run the stock report it only shows the software was either added or removed, but since it doesn't show the install location, we can't tell who has/had the plugins running at the time.

Just for Reference I've provided the original SQL code for the report

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetUnique,
tblAssets.Domain,
tsysOS.Image As icon,
Case tblSoftwareHist.Action When '1' Then '+' When '2' Then '-' End As [+/-],
tblSoftwareUni.softwareName As Software,
tblSoftwareHist.softwareVersion As Version,
tblSoftwareUni.SoftwarePublisher As Publisher,
tblSoftwareHist.Installdate,
tblSoftwareHist.Lastchanged
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblSoftwareHist On tblAssets.AssetID = tblSoftwareHist.AssetID
Inner Join tblSoftwareUni On tblSoftwareHist.softid = tblSoftwareUni.SoftID
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysOS On tblAssets.OScode = tsysOS.OScode
Where tblSoftwareHist.Lastchanged > GetDate() - 1 And tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Order By tblAssets.AssetName,
tblSoftwareHist.Lastchanged Desc,
Software
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nick_VDB
Champion Sweeper III
The software location is not scanned by Lansweeper so it cannot be given back in a report. Lansweeper will get any software installations by scanning the registry. How lansweeper scans software is found in this knowledge base article.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nick_VDB
Champion Sweeper III
The software location is not scanned by Lansweeper so it cannot be given back in a report. Lansweeper will get any software installations by scanning the registry. How lansweeper scans software is found in this knowledge base article.