cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apap
Engaged Sweeper III
How does one log out of LanSweeper?

I have logged into LS on our on-call tablet and am unable to log my user off. I need to pass the tablet on through the on call rotation.

Log in is via Chrome ( No Logoff button shows on the user name/settings button in the upper right )
We are using IIs Express for our web server and LS is configured for NT Authentication.

I have rebooted the lansweeper server, restarted IIs express and LanSweeper Server services.
I can login and logout with Firefox on the tablet but my chrome session remains.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
Just to clarify:
* Logout does work when using Lansweeper's custom authentication. This button is located at the bottom of the popup you get when clicking at the top right button next to your user name.
* Logout does not work when using integrated authentication, and there is no logout button. This logout functionality has been completely removed in 6.0 due to instability and possible security risk (not fully getting logged out).

Regarding Google Chrome users. If you aren't getting logged out when closing the web browser then this means it might be keeping your user session alive. This is why we removed the previously mentioned logout functionality in Chrome even before version 6.0. They recently removed the option to negate this behavior completely, but you can try the following if this occurs:
* Closing the web browser by pressing Crtl + Shift + Q
* Opening the task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and verify if all Google Chrome processes have been terminated
* You could also try to clear browser cache (Ctrl + h, Clear browsing data), but this is less advisable

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
Just to clarify:
* Logout does work when using Lansweeper's custom authentication. This button is located at the bottom of the popup you get when clicking at the top right button next to your user name.
* Logout does not work when using integrated authentication, and there is no logout button. This logout functionality has been completely removed in 6.0 due to instability and possible security risk (not fully getting logged out).

Regarding Google Chrome users. If you aren't getting logged out when closing the web browser then this means it might be keeping your user session alive. This is why we removed the previously mentioned logout functionality in Chrome even before version 6.0. They recently removed the option to negate this behavior completely, but you can try the following if this occurs:
* Closing the web browser by pressing Crtl + Shift + Q
* Opening the task manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and verify if all Google Chrome processes have been terminated
* You could also try to clear browser cache (Ctrl + h, Clear browsing data), but this is less advisable
apap
Engaged Sweeper III
At this point I have tried starting, stopping and flushing most everything.
Chrome will not log me out. Firefox seems to behave.

Thanks for the reply Susan. We will be aware of the issue and look forward to updates!

Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
The recommended approach is to restart your browser. We are aware that the logout button doesn't always appear or work when using web server authentication. In Lansweeper 6.0, our help desk update, a new authentication method will be available, under which the logout button works a lot better.
Susan.A wrote:
The recommended approach is to restart your browser. We are aware that the logout button doesn't always appear or work when using web server authentication. In Lansweeper 6.0, our help desk update, a new authentication method will be available, under which the logout button works a lot better.

No Logout button is visible in either FF or Chrome. Closing the FF browser and reopening it logs us out, but it doesn't in chrome.
We are running v6019