cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PB
Engaged Sweeper II

Hy i start to investigate with LSAgent.

My Plan is to deploy LSagent as initial GPO-Softwaredeployment... So i can get the first Inventoryreport and later i can Deploy with the Lansweeper integrated solution.

For my understanding... what will the LSAgent (on the client) do, when no "Scan Schedule" is selected? I don't want to have regular (standard seems to be once a day!?) 

And why can i "Disable" the Asset in LSAgent Configuration?

Thanks for Support!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

The client machine will automatically be scanned by LsAgent, by default, once per day. So when no scan schedule is selected, you will indeed scan the asset once a day.

You can change the machine's scanning schedule in the Scanning > LsAgent Scanning section of the Lansweeper web console. Keep in mind that the minimum scan interval for LsAgent is 4 hours. If you choose a more frequent schedule, your LsAgent installations will silently default to an interval of 4 hours. LsAgent uses the same schedules as deployment packages, so the link for creating a new schedule takes you to a deployment configuration page.

In the Scanning > LsAgent Scanning section of the Lansweeper, you can divide machines scanned with LsAgent into groups, configure a scanning schedule for each group, and enable/disable/delete LsAgent installations. You can disable an LsAgent installation if you do not want it to send scans.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

The client machine will automatically be scanned by LsAgent, by default, once per day. So when no scan schedule is selected, you will indeed scan the asset once a day.

You can change the machine's scanning schedule in the Scanning > LsAgent Scanning section of the Lansweeper web console. Keep in mind that the minimum scan interval for LsAgent is 4 hours. If you choose a more frequent schedule, your LsAgent installations will silently default to an interval of 4 hours. LsAgent uses the same schedules as deployment packages, so the link for creating a new schedule takes you to a deployment configuration page.

In the Scanning > LsAgent Scanning section of the Lansweeper, you can divide machines scanned with LsAgent into groups, configure a scanning schedule for each group, and enable/disable/delete LsAgent installations. You can disable an LsAgent installation if you do not want it to send scans.

PB
Engaged Sweeper II

Nice, Thanks Obi_1_Cinobi. So... on Scanning -> LsAgent Scanning the "Delete" Button, on a Cliententry will remotely delete the LsAgent installation on the client?

And even if the LsAgent Scanning is disabled, it checks for LsAgent Configchanges every 4h - but if still disabled - it sends no Inventorydata?

Thanks again.

btw: the lsagentlog.txt is pretty informative, too.

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

That is all correct. You read the documentation very well. ðŸ’ª