cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dscoland
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi Lansweeper Community,

I am working on a project where I need to gather inventory information from laptops while they are in a remote location for our firm. I have been working on a script that is pretty reliable. It e-mails the LsPush inventory file via smtp relay on every logon.

This requires me to have the LsPush client locally available on each laptop we deploy. However, I foresee that there might be an issue with updating the LsPush client, as these laptops are remote. I read that it's best to use the latest client as per Lansweeper's recommendation. I am thinking that this would be the most painful process. In order to maintain installing the most up-to-date LsPush version on our Lansweeper instance, we would then need to ask everyone to bring their laptops back in just to update their clients locally (not to mention the Files and Registry scanning files we update occasionally).

Is there any workaround for this, or does anyone else have any ideas the best way to go about that?

Thanks,
Daniel
2 REPLIES 2
cwest
Engaged Sweeper II
I made a post that may be what you want: https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst14490_LSPush-Laptop-Automation.aspx#post49747

That method had the laptops attempt to run LSPush whenever it got network connection and I just had it routing to a public IP.
caverna
Engaged Sweeper III
Just use any webserver / filehosting and modify your script to pull lspush from there!
Of course, it should be a trustable site, like company webserver or something like that...
Other way is to have a rule in outlook, in case a user receives an email that mach wiht certain criteria, just save the lspush attachment somewhere.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now