cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ithd
Engaged Sweeper
Hi
can you suggest me any tips for manage device with double ip, can i have the same asset in two ip location for each ip?

thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The only thing I can think of is using a custom report, in the report you can then have 1 asset in multiple groups.

Basically, you would create a custom column in the report (with a case statement) which looks at the other IP addresses an asset has and shows a value based on that.

Problem with doing that is that secondary IPs are not stored numerically, so it is hard to create a condition that checks for a range. In fact you would have to convert the IP address to a numeric value and then do the condition check.

Do note that this is not real grouping, it's just grouping in the report itself, but nowhere else in Lansweeper.
Ithd
Engaged Sweeper
ok but some suggestions for manage this problems?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The "main" IP of an asset is the last IP through which it was successfully scanned. The interface through which Lansweeper scans an asset with multiple interfaces is the interface that is first in the binding order.

IP locations will also use the main IP address. It won't put one device in multiple IP locations.