Hi.

I’m unable to map a network drive in a command action:

I’ve placed the following …

cmd.exe /C {actionpath}psexec.exe \\{computer} net use y: \\share\folder

but it wasn’t successful. What’s wrong?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email last week, but for everyone else's benefit: it might be easier to use a deployment package to map network drives. Within a deployment package, you can call "net use" directly, without going through psexec. General info on creating and running deployment packages can be found here. Be sure to test your commands in Command Prompt prior to implementing them in a deployment package.

I'm not sure whether Pasi's psexec.exe command is correct - I would have to research this - and what exactly is happening when this is used as an asset action. You should generally research/test your commands prior to implementing them in an action or package. This is not really something our support team can do for you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email last week, but for everyone else's benefit: it might be easier to use a deployment package to map network drives. Within a deployment package, you can call "net use" directly, without going through psexec. General info on creating and running deployment packages can be found here. Be sure to test your commands in Command Prompt prior to implementing them in a deployment package.

I'm not sure whether Pasi's psexec.exe command is correct - I would have to research this - and what exactly is happening when this is used as an asset action. You should generally research/test your commands prior to implementing them in an action or package. This is not really something our support team can do for you.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now