cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eranavn
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi
I need to know if there is a way i can create a report that will export me the mapped drives on each machine and on what credentials it is mapped with? I'm talking about machines that are not in the domain.
2 REPLIES 2
info
Engaged Sweeper
net use > C:\users\public\drivemappings.txt

or

net share > C:\users\public\open_shares.txt

Will export the currently mapped drives to a text file. Getting the creds associated with the mapping would be rather difficult. the second option (net share) might show them.

More importantly, why would someone without a VPN have access to a domain share? Best practice says you should keep BYOD (including personal laptops) off the network, no matter what. The risk is too high.
eranavn
Engaged Sweeper II
info@c14g.com wrote:
net use > C:\users\public\drivemappings.txt

or

net share > C:\users\public\open_shares.txt

Will export the currently mapped drives to a text file. Getting the creds associated with the mapping would be rather difficult. the second option (net share) might show them.

More importantly, why would someone without a VPN have access to a domain share? Best practice says you should keep BYOD (including personal laptops) off the network, no matter what. The risk is too high.

Hi,
Thanks for your replay.
the following commands are not giving full info and I need to run it as a report in LS to a check large number of machines.
and for your question they are in the same network and under the same organization but not in the domain so they won't get any policy from the domain that might damage their work but they still need access to the specific shared folders in the domain.
each machine like this don't have access to the internet and don't have access to other machines even if they are on the same subnet.