cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
borgoncete88
Engaged Sweeper II

Hi all,

I need to fill in the same information in a specific field for many devices and I would like to know if there is an option to do this in bulk with a script or otherwise. I mean, I have to fill in that the field "Department" for all server type devices its value is "IT". If I have 50 servers I would like to know if there is a way to do it in a way that avoids having to edit them one by one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Why not just use the default filter capabilities? Filter for "Type = Windows" and "OS = 2016" (or whatever server version you have) and then click "Edit Fields" to modify the department for all Windows 2016 servers.

See screenshots below.

You can repeat this for Windows 2019 and 2022 server (assuming you don't have 2008 and 2012 anymore 🙂 ).

Hendrik_VE_0-1700207110244.png

Hendrik_VE_1-1700207215236.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
borgoncete88
Engaged Sweeper II

Hello Erik,

That would be fine to update all entries of the same field in the same table, but the fields that I need to update massively I have to filter them from another table (by IP), because they aren't all either, they are just the servers.

Surely I can do it with the command you said, but it's a bit dificult and I don't have too much idea about SQL hehe.

Kind regards,

Why not just use the default filter capabilities? Filter for "Type = Windows" and "OS = 2016" (or whatever server version you have) and then click "Edit Fields" to modify the department for all Windows 2016 servers.

See screenshots below.

You can repeat this for Windows 2019 and 2022 server (assuming you don't have 2008 and 2012 anymore 🙂 ).

Hendrik_VE_0-1700207110244.png

Hendrik_VE_1-1700207215236.png

Hi @Hendrik_VE

That's just what I needed!! Much better and easier than write straight to the data base. Thank you so much. It was super helpful.

Kind regards,

ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@borgoncete88 

You can do this with an update script ran against the Lansweeper database. 

SQL update statement - w3resource

Running custom scripts to update the Lansweeper database tables is done at your own risk. As it can break your Lansweeper installation,  we cannot provide support when things go wrong.  

Always take a backup of your database before making any changes.

Back up your installation

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now