cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MR1371
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to mass update assets that are related to each other as opposed to going into each one individually. For example, if I had 10 PC's that had all the same Model number and I wanted to use the same asset picture for each one, is there a way I could deploy the picture to update each asset with the matching Model number?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
For certain fields you are able to perform updates by
- opening Assets
- filtering for relevant assets and selecting them
- hitting Mass change
- insert the updates you would like to apply to the assets

However, this won't work for the asset picture unfortunately.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This is possible through a database script, but we don't offer support for creation of these. However, this would be a very easy one, because both fields are stored in the same table so you could create a script which updates tblAssetCustom.BarCode on assets having the right serialnumber in tblAssetCustom.Serialnumber. Alternatively use one of the custom fields for your asset tag. Before running database scripts, perform a backup of your database.
Azkor
Engaged Sweeper II
Just curious, is there a way to import my companies asset tag onto the assets? I am in the process of ID'ing all of the IT assets through Lansweeper since they havent had an asset system before, I have a spreadsheet of what they think is in the install base, so I want to pull the asset tag based on serial number into LS. Is this doable?
MR1371
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks Dan, big help as always.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper has an asset import feature, but this only works for assets which don't already exist in your database. Please find details here. Updating existing assets from and XLS sheet is not supported.
MR1371
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for the reply, one more question.

Say I export abour 40 assets to an excel file and in the report I just set it to show descriptions and asset name. Can I go into the excel file, add the descriptions I want, save it as a CSV file and import it into lan sweeper in hopes that it will add these descriptions?
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
For certain fields you are able to perform updates by
- opening Assets
- filtering for relevant assets and selecting them
- hitting Mass change
- insert the updates you would like to apply to the assets

However, this won't work for the asset picture unfortunately.