cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tisadmin
Engaged Sweeper
Hallo,

i´m trying to inventory all Key´s with Lansweeper.

But i don´t get Keys for Visual Studio 2008, 2012, 2013 and 2016.
I know that there is a option to manually add the registry Path like here:
http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/132/viewing-and-scanning-software-license-keys.html
But i dont know whih path i should take.

Do u Have any idea?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I haven't tested whether this is correct, but some online topics seem to indicate that Visual Studio license keys are stored in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\<version number>\Registration\2000.0×0000\PIDKEY

Office keys should be stored in the registry locations below, which are scanned by default even if they are not in the list of scanned registry locations. If your Office keys are not detected after scanning, I assume they are not stored in the client machines' registries, which is not something we can fix. Not all Office keys are stored in the registry, as explained in this article as well.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office (64-bit machines)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
I haven't tested whether this is correct, but some online topics seem to indicate that Visual Studio license keys are stored in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\<version number>\Registration\2000.0×0000\PIDKEY

Office keys should be stored in the registry locations below, which are scanned by default even if they are not in the list of scanned registry locations. If your Office keys are not detected after scanning, I assume they are not stored in the client machines' registries, which is not something we can fix. Not all Office keys are stored in the registry, as explained in this article as well.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office (64-bit machines)