cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techieanalyst
Engaged Sweeper
I noticed that Exchange and Lync licenses are not being picked up

also is there any possible way to just run a report that tells me what licenses are on what machines etc?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
A list of scanned product keys (and product IDs) can be found in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration\License Compliance\Product Keys.
- If the product keys you are after are included in this list, please ensure that your computers have recently been (successfully) scanned in order to detect these keys. The “last seen” dates listed for your computers should be recent. Product keys can be found on computer webpages under “Software”. You can also use the built-in report “License: Software licensekey overview”, found under Dashboard\Reports\All Reports, to retrieve a list of scanned product keys.
- If the product keys you are after are not included in this list, you can submit additional registry locations for scanning in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration\License Compliance\Product Keys. We have not been able to track down product key locations beyond what is listed in the web console however.

You can manually add license keys to the database as well, as part of license tracking. License tracking is configured under Configuration\License Compliance\License Tracking. You can create a license item (a collection of software packages), link orders to it and manually submit license keys as part of these orders.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
It doesn't make sense to list both virtual machines and license "counts". You'd be counting the number of times each specific license is present on each virtual machine. In other words: your "count" would always be one. Could you run the report we provided and see if it meets your needs.
techieanalyst
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for the reply!

So the report I would like to show

Hostname
-> VM
-> Licenses

Example of the license swould be the Software Licensekey Summary report, so for example:

Big-VM-Host
-> VM 1
-> Windows Server 2012 Datacenter 1
-> Microsoft Office Professional 2013 1
-> VM 2
-> Windows Server 2012 Datacenter 1
-> Microsoft Office Professional 2013 1

This report would literally make me hit a buy now button, it would be the most useful one to me, where I do monthly licenses with Microsoft, so your software could be totally priceless here.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you clarify what you mean by "license type". Scanned product keys have no "type". A sample report that lists VMware hosts, the guests running on those hosts and their product keys can be seen below.

P.S.: We deleted the duplicate thread you started. Please post any replies in this thread.
Select Top 1000000 tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename As Type,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Firstseen,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets1.AssetName As GuestName,
tblAssets1.Domain As GuestDomain,
tsysAssetTypes1.AssetTypename As GuestType,
tblAssets1.IPAddress As GuestIP,
tblSerialnumber.Product,
tblSerialnumber.ProductID,
tblSerialnumber.ProductKey,
tblSerialnumber.Lastchanged
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tblVmwareGuest On tblAssets.AssetID = tblVmwareGuest.AssetID
Inner Join tblVmwareGuestNetwork On tblVmwareGuest.GuestID =
tblVmwareGuestNetwork.GuestID
Inner Join tblAssetMacAddress On tblAssetMacAddress.Mac =
tblVmwareGuestNetwork.MacAddress
Inner Join tblAssets tblAssets1 On tblAssets1.AssetID =
tblAssetMacAddress.AssetID
Left Join tblSerialnumber On tblAssets1.AssetID = tblSerialnumber.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes tsysAssetTypes1 On tsysAssetTypes1.AssetType =
tblAssets1.Assettype
Where tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Order By tblAssets.IPNumeric,
GuestName,
tblSerialnumber.Product

To use the specified report, do the following:
• Browse to the Dashboard\Reports\Report Builder section of the web console.
• Paste the SQL code we provided at the bottom of the page.
• Left-click somewhere in the upper section of the page so the code applies.
• Give the report a Title and hit the Save & Run button to save it.
• The report will now also be listed under Dashboard\Reports\All Reports.
techieanalyst
Engaged Sweeper
We are considering purchasing the product however I need to make sure it does what we need, thats why I'm asking
techieanalyst
Engaged Sweeper
For example is there a way to run the report like this:

A report that shows the Host and VM Relation with the Serial Numbers relation

Host
What each Guest under the host is running (example just the license types and counts don't need the actual license).

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you clarify your question. As stated previously: scanned product keys can be found in the built-in report "License: Software licensekey overview".
techieanalyst
Engaged Sweeper
Is there a way to collect all licenses vs entering them all?

I have 1000+ nodes I need to grab the information off and I don't see a consolidation report etc that I can review the information
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
A list of scanned product keys (and product IDs) can be found in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration\License Compliance\Product Keys.
- If the product keys you are after are included in this list, please ensure that your computers have recently been (successfully) scanned in order to detect these keys. The “last seen” dates listed for your computers should be recent. Product keys can be found on computer webpages under “Software”. You can also use the built-in report “License: Software licensekey overview”, found under Dashboard\Reports\All Reports, to retrieve a list of scanned product keys.
- If the product keys you are after are not included in this list, you can submit additional registry locations for scanning in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration\License Compliance\Product Keys. We have not been able to track down product key locations beyond what is listed in the web console however.

You can manually add license keys to the database as well, as part of license tracking. License tracking is configured under Configuration\License Compliance\License Tracking. You can create a license item (a collection of software packages), link orders to it and manually submit license keys as part of these orders.
techieanalyst
Engaged Sweeper
I should clarify

The Exchange Server License for Exchange 2013 doesnt show up as a license on the server itself.