cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhermsen
Engaged Sweeper II
I've installed a new scan server to support a site that currently doesn't have its own but it's not showing up in the web console. We've got an Enterprise license and when I installed the server I did an advanced install, selected the SQL server type and just the scanning component. Connecting to the database worked just fine and the install completed. The service is up and running on the new machine and I allowed it to go over the weekend to check in but it is not showing as a scanning server yet. I uninstalled and reinstalled this morning with the same parameters thinking that the first time I installed it I hadn't completely upgraded the OS on the machine and that may have caused some trouble but still no dice. I've moved domains/renamed a server before and that seemed to take no time at all for the webpage to pick up so I didn't think that this would take long at all.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The best would be to have a look into the errorlog Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\errorlog.txt on the new scanning server. If there is a database connection issue or a database user logon issue you need to fix that and restart Lansweeper service on that machine. Instructions on how to reset the database user and update the service config file can be found in this KB article.

General instruction on how to install multiple scanning servers can be found here.

If you could not solve it, could you send us the errorlog from the new scanning server together with a link to this forum topic in a mail to support@lansweeper.com.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
The best would be to have a look into the errorlog Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\errorlog.txt on the new scanning server. If there is a database connection issue or a database user logon issue you need to fix that and restart Lansweeper service on that machine. Instructions on how to reset the database user and update the service config file can be found in this KB article.

General instruction on how to install multiple scanning servers can be found here.

If you could not solve it, could you send us the errorlog from the new scanning server together with a link to this forum topic in a mail to support@lansweeper.com.