cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R_S
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

I need to install our Lansweeper to another Server, we use a SQL Database.

I found this Artikel but iam not sure about the Installation Otions.

Reinstalling Lansweeper on new computer

• Delete or disable the Lansweeper service on your current server.
• Run the script below in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration\Scanning Setup\Database Scripts, replacing NewServer with the NetBIOS name of your new scanning server.

update tsysasservers set servername = 'NewServer'
GO
update tblassets set scanserver = 'NewServer'
GO

• Run the Lansweeper installer on your new server, choose New Installation\Advanced Install and configure the installer exactly as shown below. DO NOT check the checkbox in front of “Lansweeper Database”, or you’ll be overwriting your existing database.

• Point the installer to your existing database when prompted. Connection details can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Lansweeperservice.exe.config on your old scanning server.
• Update the Action Path listed in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration\Website Management\Asset Pages. Your Action Path indicates where the Lansweeper web console will try to locate your custom action executables.

What should i do to move the Lansweeeper Website and Service to another Server?

1. Stop Service
2. Backup Installation Path
3. run Lansweeper SQL Maintenance tool to execute the following Script

Which Scrip should I Use?

delete from tsysasservers where servername = 'NewServer'
GO
update tsysasservers set servername = 'NewServer' where servername = 'OldServer'
GO
update tblassets set scanserver = 'NewServer' where scanserver = 'OldServer'
GO

or

update tsysasservers set servername = 'NewServer'
GO
update tblassets set scanserver = 'NewServer'
GO

4. Install Advanced (Check: SQL Database, New Website, New Service, Uncheck: new Database)
Advanced Install
5. Copy Actions and Key file from Backup in the new Installation Path

1 REPLY 1
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If you plan on moving Lansweeper to another server, I would recommend following the official knowledgebase article: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/17/move-lansweeper-to-different-server.html

The forum post you linked is an old archived post which we keep on the forum because some old posts might hold valuable information.