cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awheewall
Engaged Sweeper II
Can someone please tell me if there has been any progress in a couple of areas where we found Lansweeper (LS) to be wanting when we trialled it a year ago.

-Multiple AWS Accounts-
We use multiple AWS accounts (who doesn't). Even though LS can use multiple accounts, it can only use one region per account. So if you have two AWS accounts, and they both have assets in the same region, you'll only get one account's assets returned, because LS will scan the accounts in series and overwrite the first returned accounts results for a particular region with the second. Azure scanning in LS doesn't have this issue.
Has this now been addressed?

-File Integrity Scanning-
We found that while LS could return and act upon timestamps of files, it failed to do the same with folders, despite that information being contained in the file system in almost the same manner. We wanted to monitor changes to folder, not individual file - who has time to set that up?
Has this now been addressed?

If someone could answer these two questions I'd be very grateful. Having spent hours/days/weeks testing LS previously to realise these shortcomings, I can't do go though all that again.

Any information on these things having been addressed or being on a roadmap to fix would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to use LS, but not until these things are fixed.

Thanks,
Adam.
2 REPLIES 2
saml
Engaged Sweeper II
I've just found this to be an issue too (the multiple AWS accounts issue).

I've contacted support, so I'll update with any response.

It does appear that LanSweeper is configured on the assumption that you will only have 1 AWS instance.
awheewall
Engaged Sweeper II
No progress at all on those two problems with Lansweeper than.

Adam.