cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gnohs
Engaged Sweeper III
Where can I find instructions on adding multiple companies to a centralized server? I can figure out how to do it with site-to-site vpns. But I would like different options on how to do this as site-to-site vpn tunnels will not work in my situation.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Either you scan network assets which are reachable from your Lansweeper server (this requires that ports required for scanning are open) or you use LsPush. This is a small executable which scans a Windows computer and sends the result back to your Lansweeper server using direct server connection (port 9524/TCP by default), file share or mail. You can find details here. It is possible to configure a scheduled task for running LsPush and deploy it via group policy.

Alternatively you could consider installing a local scanning server at the remote site and connect it to your central database server. This only requires a database connection (port 1433 TCP and UDP by default). You could stop Lansweeper service on the remote scanning servers during times where you have no connection at all. For multiple scanning servers you need a Lansweeper Ultimate, Corporate or MSP license.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gnohs
Engaged Sweeper III
Thank You for your replies.
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Everything is stored in the database. So even in order to start scanning, you need to have a database connection. Certain fields (like tblAssets.Lasttried or tblAssets.Lastseen) will be updated during each scan.
gnohs
Engaged Sweeper III
Do you know how the database works? The reason why I ask is for traffic reasons. Does the database update after each scan even if nothing has changed? Or does it stay stagnant if nothing has changed after the first major scan?
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Either you scan network assets which are reachable from your Lansweeper server (this requires that ports required for scanning are open) or you use LsPush. This is a small executable which scans a Windows computer and sends the result back to your Lansweeper server using direct server connection (port 9524/TCP by default), file share or mail. You can find details here. It is possible to configure a scheduled task for running LsPush and deploy it via group policy.

Alternatively you could consider installing a local scanning server at the remote site and connect it to your central database server. This only requires a database connection (port 1433 TCP and UDP by default). You could stop Lansweeper service on the remote scanning servers during times where you have no connection at all. For multiple scanning servers you need a Lansweeper Ultimate, Corporate or MSP license.