cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paprita
Champion Sweeper
I'm going to prepare 2 different servers where to install the lansweeper service (more than 20.000 items to scan).
My questions:
- if I configure both services to scan the whole AD (with no either sites or OU filters) what is going to happen?
- all assets will be scanned twice or not?
- is it mandatory to configure different domains (generally speaking, not intended as Microsoft Domains) where each service has to scan?

Thanks,

Paolo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
These questions are being handled via email, but to post a small summary for outside reference:
  • Setting up the same Active Directory Domain scanning targets will not cause excessive scanning of the same computer, and is even recommended for load balancing in larger domains.
  • Issues with scanning servers not showing up in the web console as their own tabs usually indicate that the scanning server was not installed to the correct database. Instructions for installing multiple scanning servers can be found here. The layout of components in a healthy Lansweeper installation can be found here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
These questions are being handled via email, but to post a small summary for outside reference:
  • Setting up the same Active Directory Domain scanning targets will not cause excessive scanning of the same computer, and is even recommended for load balancing in larger domains.
  • Issues with scanning servers not showing up in the web console as their own tabs usually indicate that the scanning server was not installed to the correct database. Instructions for installing multiple scanning servers can be found here. The layout of components in a healthy Lansweeper installation can be found here.
paprita
Champion Sweeper
Just to give a piece of information, after having:
- installed a new web server
- installed 2 more scan services (now there are 3 of them)

I can see:
- on the main page I see just the old scan service (nothing about the 2 new ones)
- on scanning page, I can't see different tabs to configure different scanning services

Please help.

Thanks