cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgibney-Uni-Cas
Engaged Sweeper II

I have several running network switches that list in Assets automatically but appear "grayed out" and show Non-active.  I set them to Active but they reverted to Non-active after some time.  Each are pingable from the other.  Switches are on a management VLAN that is different from Lansweeper server's VLAN.  Could that be the reason?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The switches had been configured to only respond to a list of allowed IP addresses.  The switches were on the network long enough to register with SNMP then essentially become dark "Non-active" when that switch setting was made.  Very soon after adding the Lansweeper server in the "ip authorized-managers..." list the switches became Active.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Assets are marked as non-active depending on the configured Asset Cleanup Options (Configuration > Server Options) Perform automated database cleanups - Lansweeper Community

You can try modifying the value for the days it takes to mark assets as non-active and see if it makes any difference.  When was the last time they were scanned successfully?

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!

The switches had been configured to only respond to a list of allowed IP addresses.  The switches were on the network long enough to register with SNMP then essentially become dark "Non-active" when that switch setting was made.  Very soon after adding the Lansweeper server in the "ip authorized-managers..." list the switches became Active.

tgibney-Uni-Cas
Engaged Sweeper II

What I meant by "Each are pingable from the other" is the switches can ping the Lansweeper server and the Lansweeper server can ping the switches.  Just to be clear...