cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgibney-Uni-Cas
Engaged Sweeper II

I have several running network switches that list in Assets automatically but appear "grayed out" and show Non-active.  I set them to Active but they reverted to Non-active after some time.  Each are pingable from the other.  Switches are on a management VLAN that is different from Lansweeper server's VLAN.  Could that be the reason?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The switches had been configured to only respond to a list of allowed IP addresses.  The switches were on the network long enough to register with SNMP then essentially become dark "Non-active" when that switch setting was made.  Very soon after adding the Lansweeper server in the "ip authorized-managers..." list the switches became Active.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
David_GF
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Assets are marked as non-active depending on the configured Asset Cleanup Options (Configuration > Server Options) Perform automated database cleanups - Lansweeper Community

You can try modifying the value for the days it takes to mark assets as non-active and see if it makes any difference.  When was the last time they were scanned successfully?

~~~~~~~ (〃 ̄︶ ̄)人( ̄︶ ̄〃) ~~~~~~~
Sweep that LAN, sweep it!

The switches had been configured to only respond to a list of allowed IP addresses.  The switches were on the network long enough to register with SNMP then essentially become dark "Non-active" when that switch setting was made.  Very soon after adding the Lansweeper server in the "ip authorized-managers..." list the switches became Active.

tgibney-Uni-Cas
Engaged Sweeper II

What I meant by "Each are pingable from the other" is the switches can ping the Lansweeper server and the Lansweeper server can ping the switches.  Just to be clear...

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now