cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdang
Engaged Sweeper
I know normally Lansweeper is unable to view networked printers (from a print server). I believe it works if you manually map by IP.

But one day, I added the ip ranges my printers were on to my scanning targets, and they showed up on a computer asset page (Config > Devices > Printers). I'm not sure if lansweeper somehow created a relationship between the two assets, but I can't seem to see those printers on the Computer asset page anymore.

I can't remember if it worked on LS6 and broke when I upgraded to LS7.

I was curious if anyone has gotten this to work and if so, how?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
crashff
Champion Sweeper
Took me a bit of hunting and re-reading, but I finally understand what you are saying.

LanSweeper only shows printers under (Config > Devices > Printers) that are /locally/ installed on the computer.

Network printers that are shared from a server are not actually installed on the workstation end, so the drivers are not registered as a local printer and LanSweeper will not see them

If you were to install the drivers directly on the workstation, and then point the drivers at a TCP/IP port for the printer, THEN they would show up in (Config > Devices > Printers)
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The data you are referring to is scanned from the Win32_Printer WMI class. Lansweeper will only stores printers installed for the computer as a whole, not printers installed for specific users.

You could check what is actually stored in the WMI class. Presumably the information is just not there.
Scanning printers directly won't remove the data, it will only create a separate asset page for the printer with more details.