cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Björn_Johansson
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

We have some asstes, HP workstations, where the warranty is null in lansweeper. If i try to refresh the warranty for a certain asset i get: "[BatchWarrantyProcessing] INFO DEBUG Warranty scanning The remote server returned an error: (429) Too Many Requests" and if I rescan all failed warrantys in LS webapplication i get "INFO DEBUG Warranty scanning Connection error: Cannot retrieve hp warranty results" followed by a stacktrace from LS.

I have checked that the assets have values set for model, SKU and serial.

We run the latest lansweeper version v. 7.0.30.66 and it seems not be any firewall och proxy configurations error on our side.

It is not all HP workstations this error occurs for, most of the HP assets have warranty information set.

Does this problem occure for anybody else?

Any help is appreciated

Best regards
Björn Johansson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Björn_Johansson
Engaged Sweeper II
HP responded with their rate limits. I managed to get the missing HP warrantys by refreshing the warranty manually for each device. I had to do it a couple of times on each device because i got 429 errors from HP from time to time.

Thanks for the help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
phollo
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I lately use this URL in Configuration / Asset Pages / Asset Manufacturer support links
for Hewlett-Packard : (exactly for HPE)

"https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/wc/public/find?lang=us&rows[0].item.countryCode=US&rows[0].item.serialNumber={assettag}&rows[0].item.productNumber={systemsku}"

The original link stopped working for me few months ago.

And it seems that even with this link, there are some servers that give no result.
It is quite strange to me, because sometimes we purchased many servers in the same time, and some work for warranty checking, some don't.

I think there might be a problem with HPE's database at their side.
I try to force them to repair directly by exchanging mails with HPE support.

Good luck !

Peter
Björn_Johansson
Engaged Sweeper II
HP responded with their rate limits. I managed to get the missing HP warrantys by refreshing the warranty manually for each device. I had to do it a couple of times on each device because i got 429 errors from HP from time to time.

Thanks for the help
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I'm not sure how the API really determines a the limit. You can send an email with the info and they can dig a bit deeper.
Björn_Johansson
Engaged Sweeper II
Ok, thanks for the answer.

You dont have any idea why HP API responds with HTTP code 429 - too many request? We don't have that many HP workstations without warranty, and it's not like we hammering their API. I wonder what their rate limits are on the API..
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Most likely, as the errors indicate, this is an error from HP's side. We've had some reports of issues when a lot of devices try to retrieve warranty at the same time. Unfortunately, the HP API does not like bulk requests.