cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smoore9219
Engaged Sweeper
We have Watchguard firewalls that are changing to non-active assets, but no one is changing them, they are just showing up one day as non-active. If I switch the assets to active, they will change back to non-active after a period of time. I am not sure why this is happening. Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
In 5.1 when you edit an asset there is also a new option "do not remove by cleanup options"
This will probably solve your problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MustQ
Engaged Sweeper
Are there any plans to make the "Do not remove by cleanup options" button accessible on the 'Assets" page and available to "mass change objects"? I can't possibly imagine going one asset at a time to put this checkmark in there.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
MustQ wrote:
Are there any plans to make the "Do not remove by cleanup options" button accessible on the 'Assets" page and available to "mass change objects"? I can't possibly imagine going one asset at a time to put this checkmark in there.

Yes, this will be included in the next update.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
In 5.1 when you edit an asset there is also a new option "do not remove by cleanup options"
This will probably solve your problem.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If you have version 5.1 that has been changed to include all asset types.
Lansweeper wrote:
If you have version 5.1 that has been changed to include all asset types.

Okay. Good to know. We actually are on 5.08. So if I want to have a rule for clean up, it will be all or nothing. We use Lansweeper to track assets that are not scanned for various reasons, like the scanning doesn't work properly with the device or it is to keep track of a Public DNS record. So there is no way to exempt a device for that cleanup process?

Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Most likely you have set one of the cleanup options "make non-active after xx days"
If the lastseen field of the asset recently changed?
Lansweeper wrote:
Most likely you have set one of the cleanup options "make non-active after xx days"
If the lastseen field of the asset recently changed?

Correct. Set computers to non-active if not seen in the last 180 days. It was my understanding this only applied to computers and not other devices. Is that not correct? Is there a way to except devices from this cleanup?

Thanks