cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mott
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,

I had this problem more than one time, but this time I'm near to jumping out of the window.

Normaly this helped: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/22/custom-actions-in-chrome.html

BUT NOT this time.

I got a new Laptop (Win7, 64bit) installed all my programs, incl. Chrome (40), copied the nplansweepershellexec.dll to the mentioned folder(s) - even if they existed in first place, but the plugin won't work.

So I copied the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\Plugins from my old computer to the new one, and the plugin was listed in chrome://plugins. BUT Chrome did an update to Version 40 again, and I'm as far as before.

There is no Firefox installed on my machine and of course it would work with IE, but this isn't the way I wan't to work.

Has someone a hint I could miss? I'm very near to a mental breakdown

Thanks and

BR from Germany

matt
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
Please make sure your version of Google Chrome is not 64-bit.
The Lansweeper plugin still only works on 32-bit versions.

Google Chrome should ask to allow the plugin, as well as to add the Lansweeper website to your trusted sites (if it wasn't already in that list) automatically once it detects the plugin.

If it still does not work after this then we're afraid your only options are using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, or while Internet Explorer is installed you could also try adding the IE tab plugin to Google Chrome (which would remove the need for opening Internet Explorer).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mott
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi Karel,

YES, I'm using the 64bit-Version, so now I'll uninstall 64bit an reinstall ist as 32bit Version.

Thank you very much für this hint!!

BR from Germany

matt
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
Please make sure your version of Google Chrome is not 64-bit.
The Lansweeper plugin still only works on 32-bit versions.

Google Chrome should ask to allow the plugin, as well as to add the Lansweeper website to your trusted sites (if it wasn't already in that list) automatically once it detects the plugin.

If it still does not work after this then we're afraid your only options are using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, or while Internet Explorer is installed you could also try adding the IE tab plugin to Google Chrome (which would remove the need for opening Internet Explorer).