cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tohmas
Engaged Sweeper
Hi all,

I'm looking at completely disabling NTLM (v1) authentication on our domain.

Most of our applications have now been altered to use NTLMv2 or Kerberos authentication, but Lansweeper is the last item on the list stopping us from flipping the switch.

It seems our Lansweeper service account uses NTLM authentication when scanning our IP range.

Has anyone had any experience in this matter? I can't seem to find any method of configuring this.

Many thanks,
Tom
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email last week. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the reply we sent via email below.
Thank you for your email.

There are no settings in the Lansweeper web console that affect which authentication protocol is used when connecting to Windows computers. When Lansweeper needs to pass a credential to a Windows computer, it should use the default Windows authentication protocol configured on the computer, which is usually NTLMv2 or Kerberos. It might be safest to test this on a single machine first, but we would not expect the disabling of NTLMv1 on your Windows computers to affect scanning. Whatever authentication protocol is still enabled as the default should be used for authentication.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email last week. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the reply we sent via email below.
Thank you for your email.

There are no settings in the Lansweeper web console that affect which authentication protocol is used when connecting to Windows computers. When Lansweeper needs to pass a credential to a Windows computer, it should use the default Windows authentication protocol configured on the computer, which is usually NTLMv2 or Kerberos. It might be safest to test this on a single machine first, but we would not expect the disabling of NTLMv1 on your Windows computers to affect scanning. Whatever authentication protocol is still enabled as the default should be used for authentication.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now