cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cognitnaut
Engaged Sweeper II

When adding an outgoing email template if I choose a "default" ticket state that lansweeper starts with such as "Closed", "Open", or "In Progress", I am not able to choose an appropriate ticket priority (such as high, medium, low). The prepopulated Email Templates allow those priorities and if I edit one, it appears differently than when I choose "Add Template". This is confusing.  I presume the Email Template will only trigger if all the variables match, so if I want to add an additional email or different email to be sent when a ticket is closed, how am I to do that if I can't choose the priorities we have? 

I have tried removing the ticket state "closed" from the "state change (sent to user)" template and then tried to add it to a new template thinking maybe it was already in use or something, but that didn't help either. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

When creating a new outgoing email template, you will indeed only be able to select the items that are not in use yet by a similar template. If you have already double-checked this, we would recommend contacting our support team for a closer look: https://www.lansweeper.com/contact-support/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cognitnaut
Engaged Sweeper II

Thank you for getting back to me Obi, I went back through it with fresh eyes and was able to get it resolved. I am unsure as to the reason I could not get it to work last time. I removed the closed status from the other state change templates, waited a couple minutes, refreshed the page, and then tried to add my other template and it worked as intended. I don't know if I was impatient or had missed something, but oh well. Thanks again. 

Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

When creating a new outgoing email template, you will indeed only be able to select the items that are not in use yet by a similar template. If you have already double-checked this, we would recommend contacting our support team for a closer look: https://www.lansweeper.com/contact-support/

Cognitnaut
Engaged Sweeper II

I am still looking for help with this.