cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markwilliams201
Engaged Sweeper
Hi all,

I'm trying to run a package that will remove the old Active X IE plugin and Firefox plugin for Adobe Flash and then install the new version.

I've set it up as shown in the attached images however when it deploys, after initializing it stops on "waiting for response" and just sits there forever.

When I run other scripts such as killing processes remotely or scanning assets it works without issues.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
FYI, we answered this question via email. Find our answer below:

The message "Deployment ended: This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it..." indicates that either the path to your installer MSI is wrong or the MSI is corrupt or not present.

We generally recommend that you test each step of a deployment package manually on an affected machine if possible using the same account under which you are deploying.

- First perform the initial steps which were running successfully
- Copy the Result Command of the failed deployment package step
- Replace {PackageShare} with the exact path defined under Deployment\Security options
- Paste the command into a cmd.exe on an example target machine and run it.

This will help you to find the cause of the issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dmorris
Engaged Sweeper II
Im having a similar issue with deploying an msi file but the difference is I was able to deploy onto around 220 assets so far but have 80 that want to tell me

Result: Deployment ended: This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package. Stop(Failure).

And each time i run it, it will still pick up any new computers that show up in my report of missing software and complete the install but the 80 that are left keep saying that it cant open the package.

Any idea of a good work around? Or what may be causing this with specific machines? Uncooperative computers are a combination of win7 32 bit and 64 bit and win 10.

currently running
msiexec.exe /i "{PackageShare}\Installers\Tanium\InstallTanium.msi" /norestart /qn

Have been attemting to copy to the c drive of the machine and then try to install using
cmd.exe /k {actionpath}psexec.exe \\{computer} installtanium.msi

copy part working well the install part not so much
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
FYI, we answered this question via email. Find our answer below:

The message "Deployment ended: This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it..." indicates that either the path to your installer MSI is wrong or the MSI is corrupt or not present.

We generally recommend that you test each step of a deployment package manually on an affected machine if possible using the same account under which you are deploying.

- First perform the initial steps which were running successfully
- Copy the Result Command of the failed deployment package step
- Replace {PackageShare} with the exact path defined under Deployment\Security options
- Paste the command into a cmd.exe on an example target machine and run it.

This will help you to find the cause of the issue.
markwilliams201
Engaged Sweeper
Now I currently get:

Result: Deployment ended: This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package. Stop(Failure).

Credential: Removed credential line
Command: msiexec.exe /i "\\cc-lansweeper01\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\flash_player_21_plugin.msi" /norestart /qn
Bert_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
H,

Please check your result command (This is the command that will be executed on the asset)
It currently has a double msiexec /i parameter.

Try removing that and deploying again.