cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HammettMike
Engaged Sweeper III
How does one adjust the permissions to the scanning tab? My server admin says he added some reports and things under the scanning tab, but I can't see them. He doesn't know what permissions to give me other than a full administrator.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
To open the reports if you're linked them, you don't need the "Access Data Selection" permission, but to open the reports without having them being linked you will need this permission. These are built-in reports with variables in them that are completed by the URL, which uses the data entered under Scanning\File & Registry Scanning.

It is possible though to create your own reports on scanned registry values or files, using tblRegistry or tblFileVersions. Those reports, like all other custom reports would end up under the Reports tab.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HammettMike
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
To open the reports if you're linked them, you don't need the "Access Data Selection" permission, but to open the reports without having them being linked you will need this permission. These are built-in reports with variables in them that are completed by the URL, which uses the data entered under Scanning\File & Registry Scanning.

It is possible though to create your own reports on scanned registry values or files, using tblRegistry or tblFileVersions. Those reports, like all other custom reports would end up under the Reports tab.
HammettMike
Engaged Sweeper III
Is access to that page an all or nothing? If I need access to the reports available there, I must have full access to that section?
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
To access the File & Registry Scanning page under the Scanning tab the permission "Access Data Selection" is required for your user role.

Do note when assigning user roles to accounts under Configuration\User Access & Roles that user roles assigned to AD groups your account is a member of take precedence.
HammettMike
Engaged Sweeper III
Here are some screenshots.
HammettMike
Engaged Sweeper III
That can't be entirely accurate because I can be sent a link to a report that doesn't exist under the reports tab.

They add a specific registry key to scan for and then this report gives the results of that scan.

I'll see if anything you've mentioned opens it up for me and if he can get me a screenshot of where the report is found on his end.
Nick_VDB
Champion Sweeper III
Firstly, SQL reports that are added to Lansweeper are found under the 'Reports' tab. The 'Scanning' tab contains the scanning credential and scanning targets that are used to scan your assets, it will not contain any SQL reports. To gain access to the 'Scanning' tab you need to have the 'Access Scanning Targets' and/or the 'Access Scanning Credentials' depending on which section you would need to have access to.

As for SQL reports, certain reports such as helpdesk report require additional permissions such as the 'View Reports Containing HelpdeskTables' permission. If the reports contain Configuration data then it is required that you have the 'Access Configuration' permission.

If the reports are however pure asset reports then you should be able to view the reports with the 'Access Asset Management' permission.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now