cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LEVAdmin
Engaged Sweeper

Good Morning,

In the last few days, I scanned almost all our customer Windows VMs using the IP Range scanner. Everything worked well and after that I have added a VCenter Scan.

So, I started the scan, and it looked like it managed to merge both scans together, expect of some VMs, where the scan didn’t match at all. The name of the VM and the Windows Guest is exactly the same. First, I couldn’t get my head around, but then I have noticed that every false merged VM has a second virtual adapter added to Windows. These adapters haven’t got any IP-Addresses, so it only has its link-local address (169.254.x.x), which I also see in VCenter. These adapters belong to VPN Clients, so I couldn’t simply disable these.

I tried to add the MAC-Addresses of the second adapter to the MAC-Blacklist, but I didn’t work. Then I have tried deleting the MAC-Addresses completely from the database, which had no effect on the false merge process as well.  

Had somebody experienced similar problem?

It also would be cool to exclude VMs from VCenter scans.

1 REPLY 1
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@LEVAdmin 

Adding the MAC addresses to the table MacBlacklist will prevent the assets from being merged, so that would help to merge the assets. 

What you can try is enabling the option to merge Windows computers based on serial number and model only (not MAC address).

You can find the option here: Configuration > Server options > Windows rename detection