cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
Everytime I enter any values into the warranty date or purchase date fields they disappear.
Steps to recreate this issue:

1. go to the "Custom Fields" page on any computer/
2. Enter a date into the "Warranty date" or "Purchase date" fields, click "save changes"
3. Click on a different tab and then go back to "custom fields", previously entered info in the above to fields is gone.

The last full image option however remains as I put it.... any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
To correct this problem on a server 2008r2 webserver running IIS7 I had to edit the servers regional settings in the control panel to read MM/dd/yyyy, as that was the only option that I could specify in SQL and web.config that would match. Please note that this was in the OS control panel not the IIS panel.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
To correct this problem on a server 2008r2 webserver running IIS7 I had to edit the servers regional settings in the control panel to read MM/dd/yyyy, as that was the only option that I could specify in SQL and web.config that would match. Please note that this was in the OS control panel not the IIS panel.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This might also help : http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst1259_Release-35--DATE-format-problem.aspx
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
Could this be because the warranty start date is before the date we installed lansweeper?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sseal wrote:
Could this be because the warranty start date is before the date we installed lansweeper?

No, the only thing I can think of is the date setting on SQL server or IIS that's wrong.
Could you try with 13/01/2000 and 01/13/2000 to see which one is working.
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
I just checked the SQL DB and if I enter a date prior to the firstseen date it does not update the database, if I enter a date after the FirstSeen date it updates the DB.

I just tried editing the Firstseen date in the db and even if I make it a month ago I cannot enter a date prior to the first of this month and expect it to stay.
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
No error message, I make a change, click "Save changes" and it says "Updated" next to the button. It also appends the correct time and date to the bottom of the "Custom fields" section under "Last updated".

Just to be clear it DOES work if I use a date that is the same as or later than the date the computer was first scanned, it DOESN'T if I use a date earlier than the date the computer was first scanned.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you get an error message when it fails?
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
This is my web.config date format entry:
<add key="dateformat" value="dd/MM/yyyy"/>

That is the format I used when entering the information. I don't think that this is the problem since it will remember information input into these fields, it only fails when the date is prior to the date the computer was first scanned.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Check the web.config file to see if your date format is correct.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now