cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gallenf
Engaged Sweeper
I have been checking out Lansweeper to see if I want to purchase. I like what I see but I do have a few questions/needs.

1. I need to be able to scan and report on any security patches (microsoft, adobe, etc)for each machine, for government compliance.

2. I need to be able to scan and report on all open ports on a server, as in TCP portson the server. WinAudit can do this so I would think this program could.

3. I see you have license compliance, but what I need is for their to be a location on the software page to list individual licenses for each software on a server. So if Software a shows up on Server C I would like to be able to add the license I used to instal the software on that software tab and report on it.

If you can tell me Lansweeper can do all this then I will work on a business case to get my department to purchase this software. Thank You!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
1. You will be able to scan this information in Lansweeper. You can see in the tab history on an asset page al updates that are installed.
2. This feature is currently not included in Lansweeper
3. This is not included in Lansweeper. Lansweeper wil scan some of the product keys, you can find these keys also in the software tab in the section product keys.You will not be able to add manualy a key to a software installed.

We will add both features to our wishlist. We cannot assure you that this is going to be implemented. This is because we receive so many feature requests that we have to make a selection.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
1. You will be able to scan this information in Lansweeper. You can see in the tab history on an asset page al updates that are installed.
2. This feature is currently not included in Lansweeper
3. This is not included in Lansweeper. Lansweeper wil scan some of the product keys, you can find these keys also in the software tab in the section product keys.You will not be able to add manualy a key to a software installed.

We will add both features to our wishlist. We cannot assure you that this is going to be implemented. This is because we receive so many feature requests that we have to make a selection.
Gallenf
Engaged Sweeper
One last thing: The majority of our servers are all Windows 2008 R2 - so 64bit servers.