cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlackOut
Engaged Sweeper
I recently had to rebuild the server we had our LanSweeper scanning server and database on. I followed the instructions here:http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/17/move-lansweeper-to-different-server.html to the letter.

I'm using SQLExpress 2014 and using the exact same account information and config information as the previous site. Now it runs so slow it's almost unusable.

The site before, on the same hardware etc, ran like a champ for almost a year without issue. The only thing that changed was upgrading from SQL 2008 to SQL 2014.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Possibly you have changed the server name. If you only have one scanning server, you can execute the code in the spoiler below under Configuration\Database scripts, section Database scripts, in order to make sure your configuration is used by the correct server. Replace "LSHostname" with the hostname of your scanning server.

Update tsysASServers Set Servername='LSHostname'
GO
Update tsysASDomains Set Servername='LSHostname'
GO
Update tsysASOU Set Servername='LSHostname'
GO
Update tsysASSites Set Servername='LSHostname'
GO
Update tsysIPScanRanges Set Servername='LSHostname'
GO
Update tsysAssetTypeExclude Set Servername='LSHostname'
GO
Update tsysASWorkgroups Set Servername='LSHostname'
GO
Update tsysDonotscan Set Servername='LSHostname'
GO

Afterwards, you might truncate event logs and shrink your database according to the instructions in this KB article. If this does not help to resolve the performance issues, could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com with the following:

- Link to this forum topic
- Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
- Two screenshots of the Configuration\Database Scripts page. We need to see the top of the page and the first 10 tables listed under Database Table Size

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Possibly you have changed the server name. If you only have one scanning server, you can execute the code in the spoiler below under Configuration\Database scripts, section Database scripts, in order to make sure your configuration is used by the correct server. Replace "LSHostname" with the hostname of your scanning server.

Update tsysASServers Set Servername='LSHostname'
GO
Update tsysASDomains Set Servername='LSHostname'
GO
Update tsysASOU Set Servername='LSHostname'
GO
Update tsysASSites Set Servername='LSHostname'
GO
Update tsysIPScanRanges Set Servername='LSHostname'
GO
Update tsysAssetTypeExclude Set Servername='LSHostname'
GO
Update tsysASWorkgroups Set Servername='LSHostname'
GO
Update tsysDonotscan Set Servername='LSHostname'
GO

Afterwards, you might truncate event logs and shrink your database according to the instructions in this KB article. If this does not help to resolve the performance issues, could you send a mail to support@lansweeper.com with the following:

- Link to this forum topic
- Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service\Errorlog.txt, as present on your Lansweeper server.
- Two screenshots of the Configuration\Database Scripts page. We need to see the top of the page and the first 10 tables listed under Database Table Size
BlackOut
Engaged Sweeper
I have also noticed that it does not scan using previously set configurations. The fields are filled but it is acting as though the fields are empty. I did notice it functioned after I clicked in to the OU path and hit return without changing anything. The problem is, I have 100 IP Locations I now have to refresh to get the IP Range Scanning to kick in.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now