cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbilliau
Engaged Sweeper II
I'm on the latest version but I cant remote reboot or shutdown a computer. I'm logged in with my domain credentials, which I figured I didnt have permissions so then I setup my IT domain admin account in lansweeper with the administrator as a role and I still can't do it. However, if I run cmd.exe as my domain admin account and run the command manually, it works like a charm.

Whats up?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
It isn't clear to me what actually happens when you run these actions or if you're able to see the action buttons at all. Keep in mind though that the user clicking on the action must have administrative privileges locally on the target machine. Changing your Lansweeper permissions under Configuration\User Access & Roles doesn't give you administrative privileges on target computers. To run actions as a different user (with administrative privileges on the target machine), follow these instructions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dbsooner09
Engaged Sweeper III
I am sorry if there is a newer post about this, but we are trying to get this working in our environment but it doesn't seem to work. I have adjusted the command to runas a local admin account on the system and when I attempt to reboot a system I am prompted to enter the credentials for that user account but when I do nothing happens to that actual device I was trying to reboot. Am I missing something? Thanks.
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
It isn't clear to me what actually happens when you run these actions or if you're able to see the action buttons at all. Keep in mind though that the user clicking on the action must have administrative privileges locally on the target machine. Changing your Lansweeper permissions under Configuration\User Access & Roles doesn't give you administrative privileges on target computers. To run actions as a different user (with administrative privileges on the target machine), follow these instructions.
PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
remote reboot can be acomplished 2 ways.. thru deployment of package without nothing in it just reboot box checked.. you can put command like "timeout /t 10 /nobreak" which is just countdown command. 2nd reboot can use action with action and "shutdown -r -m \\{smartname}" command

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now