cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElDab67
Engaged Sweeper III
We have a fair amount of turnover and sometimes the exiting employee is given the option to keep the laptop they have currently. We let them keep it because they are going to work for a company that we are closely tied to so they don't technically work for us any more they still are in our building. We have a training center set up that they are using and that equipment is still connected to our local network. The question I have is how can I get this piece of equipment not to show up in my assets list? I tried "don't show" but it still showed. I'd still like to scan them just to make sure the antivirus is up to date etc but I don't want them showing in my domain's asset list. If there isn't a "bucket" I can stick them in here I guess I'll have to change their profile to a workgroup.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you'd like to keep the assets in your database for future reference (and not delete them), you can't fully hide them, not even with the "don't show" option. If you set an asset's state to something other than "active", as you've done, the asset will be excluded from *most* reports, e.g. reports found in the Reports tab. As you still need to be able to view it when necessary, the asset isn't removed from all pages. You can still search for it for instance and see it when you click the Assets link at the top of the console. Where the asset is displayed, it should be "grayed out" though, indicating that it's not set to "active".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
If you'd like to keep the assets in your database for future reference (and not delete them), you can't fully hide them, not even with the "don't show" option. If you set an asset's state to something other than "active", as you've done, the asset will be excluded from *most* reports, e.g. reports found in the Reports tab. As you still need to be able to view it when necessary, the asset isn't removed from all pages. You can still search for it for instance and see it when you click the Assets link at the top of the console. Where the asset is displayed, it should be "grayed out" though, indicating that it's not set to "active".