cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juha_Otava
Engaged Sweeper III
I made specific SLA for workstation deliveries: Initial response 2 days, resolve 14 days and business hours to be used. Received an order, assigned to an agent and set state to "in progress". Now I see resolve time ticking down from 56 days and 10 hours while ticket age is 1 hr 22 minutes. I don't understand why 56 hours, can't find anything that could cause it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
I'll try to explain.

If you set SLA to calendar hours then the time left would be a bit less than 14 days, since every minute of every day will be taken into account. It you choose to use business hours then only those hours will be taken into account. By my calculations your business hours are set around 8 hours a day 5/7. To come to this:

* Hours worked during one week: 8 * 5 = 40
* Days worked in one week: 40/24 = 1.7
* Amount of weeks needed for calculation: 14 / 1.7 = 8.2
* Total SLA days to be counted: 7 * 8.2 = 57.4

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Juha_Otava
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks for explaining. Decided to switch to calendar hours days for new tickets.
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
I'll try to explain.

If you set SLA to calendar hours then the time left would be a bit less than 14 days, since every minute of every day will be taken into account. It you choose to use business hours then only those hours will be taken into account. By my calculations your business hours are set around 8 hours a day 5/7. To come to this:

* Hours worked during one week: 8 * 5 = 40
* Days worked in one week: 40/24 = 1.7
* Amount of weeks needed for calculation: 14 / 1.7 = 8.2
* Total SLA days to be counted: 7 * 8.2 = 57.4