cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pfenton
Engaged Sweeper III
Has anybody been able to figure out how to set SSH to work with scanning Advidia cameras? Each camera has its own little web server, and there are SSH option in the configuration. I have not been successful in getting Lansweeper to scan them.

I have asked this question before and the answer was to use snmp. The newer firmware on the cameras does not support snmp, only SSH. I have not been able to figure out how to get this to work. The only option on the new cameras setup is to allow SSH or not allow.

No matter what I try, I get "Errors found while scanning:

Could not connect to SSH with credentials..."

Also, there is no way to downgrade the firmware.
1 REPLY 1
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
SSH scanning is reserved for Unix/Linux assets and Mac assets unfortunately. While these Advidia cameras are likely running an OS based on a Linux kernel, they will not support any of the commands in the scanning code, they may even have their own proprietary set of commands. Scanning these devices through SSH will likely not be possible unfortunately. If scanning these devices through SNMP is not possible on the latest firmware you may yet be able to guarantee an asset page is generated for these devices if you can enable http for example, Lansweeper retrieving the URL and perhaps the header will be enough for an asset page to be generated.

You can test this using devicetester.exe which can be found in the Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions folder on your Lansweeper server.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now