cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbuchanan
Engaged Sweeper
The devices are model 1600 Cisco Lightweight Access Points. They are controller-based, and (by default) have no user interface (ie, SSH, HTTP). The devices can be pinged. Here is the strange issue. we have ~250 APs, and only 35 are in Lansweeper. They are listed as a "Network Device" type, and there is identifying information (such as model/manf).

Why is LS not capture *ALL* the APs? In the server logs, I found an IP that it scanned; but it isn't in the Assets. The log just says:

IP range scanning X.X.X.X Ping OK, no open ports

I get it - there isn't any SNMP or other identifiers, so it can't really determine what type of device it is - but - why doesn't it create a blank entry? There are 35 of the APs listed, but over 210 are missing!

-KB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the reply we sent via email below.
By default, an asset is only generated for a network device if data can be pulled from a protocol like SNMP. If you would like assets to be generated for all pingable IP addresses, you need to:
  • Hit the edit button next to your IP ranges under Scanning\Scanning Targets and tick the Save Pinged IP option. Documentation on IP range scanning can be found in this knowledge base article.
  • Rescan your network with the Scan Now buttons under Scanning\Scanning Targets.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the reply we sent via email below.
By default, an asset is only generated for a network device if data can be pulled from a protocol like SNMP. If you would like assets to be generated for all pingable IP addresses, you need to:
  • Hit the edit button next to your IP ranges under Scanning\Scanning Targets and tick the Save Pinged IP option. Documentation on IP range scanning can be found in this knowledge base article.
  • Rescan your network with the Scan Now buttons under Scanning\Scanning Targets.