cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuperDaveAPK
Engaged Sweeper II
I have been using Lansweeper for several years now and couldn't live without it.

I would like to replace the server it is running on. I'm scanning about 8000 devices across 30 different physical locations. I currently have one scanning server at our site with the most bandwidth. It is a VM with 4 CPU cores and 16gb RAM allocated to it.

I would like to collect results from Windows workstations twice a day if possible. To achieve this goal, what hardware and configuration do you recommend?

Are more CPU cores/threads more important than more RAM?

Multiple NIC cards?

Or is using LS Push a better option?

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
B2B-CyberSecure
Engaged Sweeper
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It is very difficult to recommend hardware requirements since every environment is unique. Hardware, amount of asset and network speed are just a few things that can influence your Lansweeper performance. However we can give you the following hints:
  • The amount of RAM is not a major factor.
  • It is recommend to have multiple cores as this will lower the amount of time needed to scan the assets.
  • We recommend a single scan server for 3000 to 5000 assets. However, this depends heavily on your hardware and network infrastructure.
  • The more up to date the hardware the more assets that can be scanned by a single scanning server.
LsPush is also an option, the scanning server will only need to import the data. Therefore it will save you bandwidth and resources on the scanning server. However I cant tell you how significant this will be.

Dear support,

In a enveroment with 5000 assets, what is scanning server requirements:

CPU: ?

MEMORY: ?

Kind regards,

Mateus 

Kind Regards,
Mateus Dias