cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jriggs
Engaged Sweeper
We trialed Lansweeper a few months back and had great success, we were able to easily find all our assets just by scanning our IP ranges.

We decided to move the LS instance to it's own server, after we got the server up and running and re-installed LS (we wanted to start fresh and needed to upgrade the Server OS to 2019).

However, now that LS has been re-installed and IP ranges imported back in as scanning targets, we are not getting info back.

Some more info...

- Each subnet we are tying to hit is pingable from the server LS instance is installed on
- No network changes have occurred since the last time we had LS up and running
- I have gotten a few devices to randomly show up from some of these subnets but it is only 1-5 assets. Checking in our RMM software I can easily see that these sites should each be pulling 30-50 assets (all currently online as well).
- you can see in the image that there have been 4800 scans but I only have about 150 assets (I should be closer to 450)

I've already sent a ticket into support@lansweeper.com but I wanted to see if anyone else in the forum has experienced this kind of issue.

Thanks,
9 REPLIES 9
jriggs
Engaged Sweeper
LS support got back to me after I got them the server logs.

Turns out that even though my Trial Key looked fine within the web UI it was showing as "unathorized" in the log file.

We decided to just purchase the licenses we were going to use anyway and move forward. Scanning is working fine again across all IP ranges.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Yes the connection testing must be run from the server as its the server that is doing the connection to the machines. If you can post the results from that or screenshots then we can have a better look to see what could be going on.
crashff
Champion Sweeper
Run the connection tester FROM the server where lansweeper is installed, using the same Windows Global credentials that are in Lansweeper.

You may have something between server and asset preventing necessary connections, where running the tester from another machine does not.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Have you tried running the connection tested from the Lansweeper server to ensure that server can hit those machines, it could be firewall, DNS etc. That connection tester run on the server should help determine connectivity issues.
CyberCitizen wrote:
Have you tried running the connection tested from the Lansweeper server to ensure that server can hit those machines, it could be firewall, DNS etc. That connection tester run on the server should help determine connectivity issues.

Ya I've run the connection tester on a machine local to me as well as one remote machine.

DontByteMe
Engaged Sweeper III
jriggs wrote:
We trialed Lansweeper a few months back and had great success, we were able to easily find all our assets just by scanning our IP ranges.

We decided to move the LS instance to it's own server, after we got the server up and running and re-installed LS (we wanted to start fresh and needed to upgrade the Server OS to 2019).

However, now that LS has been re-installed and IP ranges imported back in as scanning targets, we are not getting info back.

Some more info...

- Each subnet we are tying to hit is pingable from the server LS instance is installed on
- I have gotten a few devices to randomly show up from some of these subnets but it is only 1-5 assets. Checking in our RMM software I can easily see that these sites should each be pulling 30-50 assets (all currently online as well).
- you can see in the image that there have been 4800 scans but I only have about 150 assets (I should be closer to 450)

I've already sent a ticket into support@lansweeper.com but I wanted to see if anyone else in the forum has experienced this kind of issue.

Thanks,

The view you are in is the scanning queue. Normally it runs from time to time depending on the settings you have implemented. You can go to a report pre-made by lansweeper or one that you have created and on the left tell that report to scan and see that list populate on the image you sent.

You can check the Scanning Targets and view its schedule of when they get scanned. You can change those to reduce the number of times it scans.
DontByteMe wrote:
jriggs wrote:

Some more info...

Thanks,

The view you are in is the scanning queue. Normally it runs from time to time depending on the settings you have implemented. You can go to a report pre-made by lansweeper or one that you have created and on the left tell that report to scan and see that list populate on the image you sent.

You can check the Scanning Targets and view its schedule of when they get scanned. You can change those to reduce the number of times it scans.

Hi,

I'm aware of what I"m looking at, I'm more looking for help in troubleshooting why no assets are being picked up when my IP ranges are being scanned.

I'm not worried about how often the server is scanning, I'm worried about it not picking up assets I know are connected and online in its scan.
CStech
Engaged Sweeper
jriggs wrote:
DontByteMe wrote:
jriggs wrote:

Some more info...

Thanks,

Hi,

I'm aware of what I"m looking at, I'm more looking for help in troubleshooting why no assets are being picked up when my IP ranges are being scanned.

I'm not worried about how often the server is scanning, I'm worried about it not picking up assets I know are connected and online in its scan.

Sounds like the problem we had. Turned out to be scanning exclusions that preventing the assets from being captured. In our case it was "Web server". We had a good amount of devices that were coming up under that asset type. I also found problems with bad SNMP credentials. Had to double check that the IP subnets had the correct SNMP creds mapped and that the strings were correct. HTH
jriggs
Engaged Sweeper
CStech wrote:
jriggs wrote:
DontByteMe wrote:
jriggs wrote:

Some more info...

Thanks,

Hi,

Sounds like the problem we had. Turned out to be scanning exclusions that preventing the assets from being captured. In our case it was "Web server". We had a good amount of devices that were coming up under that asset type. I also found problems with bad SNMP credentials. Had to double check that the IP subnets had the correct SNMP creds mapped and that the strings were correct. HTH

Thanks for the advice, we do have some exclusions but I can't imagine that LS is seeing all our W10 machines as Apple/iMacs/ipads/ipods.

I'll take a look at what SNMP creds are loaded in but I don't remember doing that in my initial trial. I'll still look into it, thanks!