cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PROG-IT
Engaged Sweeper
We have lansweeper enterprise setup for many sites across our division, and a specific compliance report that takes a long time to run because it is being run against almost 10,000 computers. The report is setup to run late at night/early in the morning and email out to the site IT managers which is all fine.

The problem is when someone wants to run the report on-demand, and having to wait 30 minutes to an hour for it to complete. Rather than creating singular reports for 20-30 sites, is it possible for the report to prompt for a specified site designation?
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I see the problem. You could create a knowledgebase article with the SQL query in it.
PROG-IT
Engaged Sweeper
We could create a temporary report, but i cannot find an option to get into the report to copy it without it running. Same would go for optimizing it.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
To make sure I get what your asking. You want to run a certain report for only 1 site, but without actually changing the SQL query?

If that is the case it's unfortunately not possible, you will have to create separate report. Another workaround would be that people who want to run the report only for a specific site simply create a temporary report where they add the criteria in the SQL query. Once they have their result, they can delete the temporary report again.

The last thing I could think of is trying to optimize the query itself. Maybe certain optimizations can be done to make it run quicker.