cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jono
Champion Sweeper II
Hello,

After the most recent Firefox update (43.0), I can no longer do asset actions; the addon is disabled. When I try to download the latest addon using the LS popup link, Firefox immediately blocks it stating that it's unsigned.

Is there a signed addon for Firefox that will allow me to use asset actions again?

Thanks,
Jono
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
The firefox addon has now been signed, you can download the new version by removing the old version (which will most likely be disabled by now)
Clicking on any of the actions will bring up a popup with a download link.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Michael_V
Champion Sweeper III
The firefox addon has now been signed, you can download the new version by removing the old version (which will most likely be disabled by now)
Jono
Champion Sweeper II
Michael.V wrote:

Works perfectly! Thank you so much.
sigsauer
Engaged Sweeper
Also FYI, they released a 64bit version of Firefox, so for those of us that uninstalled our x86 version and installed the new 64 bit, the plugin wont work at all even with the config change. So I had to uninstall the 64-bit version and re-install the x86 version. No big deal. Just an FYI for others.

-Sig
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There's no signed version of the plugin as far as I know. I'll ask development to create one, but for now you could prevent Firefox from blocking unsigned addons. I pulled the instructions below, which worked for me, from the Firefox website.
Override add-on signing (advanced users): You can override this setting by changing the xpinstall.signatures.required preference to false in the Firefox Configuration Editor (about:config page). Support is not available for any changes made with the Configuration Editor so please do this at your own risk.
Jono
Champion Sweeper II
Susan.A wrote:
There's no signed version of the plugin as far as I know. I'll ask development to create one, but for now you could prevent Firefox from blocking unsigned addons.

Thanks for the reply, Susan.A, and for the consideration of a signed addon. With the increase of browser hijacking and exploit kits taking advantage of browser vulnerabilities, I'm in favor of Firefox and other browsers blocking unsigned addons by default. Ideally Firefox would provide a way to allow unsigned addons on a per-addon basis rather than the all-or-none basis like it is now. If that were the case, I could very comfortably allow the LS addon as trusted.

Anyway, I hope LS will quickly provide a signed addon for use with Firefox.

Thanks again,

Jono

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now