cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JTempleton
Engaged Sweeper III
Morning everyone!

I have question about SIP scanning. We have some Linksys SPA942s, Mitel 5330s, and some Polycom phones. Is it possible when doing the SIP scann to have it pull in the extension assigned to the phone and/or the MAC address of the phone?

Secondly, if I manually modify the asset, and put in the MAC Address or some other piece of information, will it be overrode, if that field does not have the lock on it?

Thanks for your help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
- Extensions are not currently scanned. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it.
- The device's MAC address should be retrieved if the device is in the same subnet as your Lansweeper server.
- If you submit a MAC address for a non-Windows device, that MAC becomes the device's internal ID, so this will not be overwritten. If Lansweeper can't retrieve the MAC address for itself however, it may not be able to update the existing asset page upon rescanning, i.e. it may not know that the device being scanned is the one already in the database.
- There are 3 types of fields: fields (without a lock) that only contain manually submitted data, fields (without a lock) that only contain scanned data and fields (with a lock) that contain scanned data that can be manually overwritten. Only data manually submitted in the second field type (i.e. in fields that are not meant to contain manually added data) will be overwritten. The Edit Asset button on asset pages shouldn't allow you to edit these fields anyway; it only includes fields of the first and third type, which are all stored in tblAssets or tblAssetCustom.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
- Extensions are not currently scanned. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it.
- The device's MAC address should be retrieved if the device is in the same subnet as your Lansweeper server.
- If you submit a MAC address for a non-Windows device, that MAC becomes the device's internal ID, so this will not be overwritten. If Lansweeper can't retrieve the MAC address for itself however, it may not be able to update the existing asset page upon rescanning, i.e. it may not know that the device being scanned is the one already in the database.
- There are 3 types of fields: fields (without a lock) that only contain manually submitted data, fields (without a lock) that only contain scanned data and fields (with a lock) that contain scanned data that can be manually overwritten. Only data manually submitted in the second field type (i.e. in fields that are not meant to contain manually added data) will be overwritten. The Edit Asset button on asset pages shouldn't allow you to edit these fields anyway; it only includes fields of the first and third type, which are all stored in tblAssets or tblAssetCustom.