cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leslie_Strooban
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

I've done some searching before I opened this topic, to no avail.

I've just starting using the software license compliance section of lansweeper, but I'm not sure what the best practice is for bundled software.

For example: we take daily images of certain computers with acronis backup 11.7.
We have 10 legal licenses, and exactly as many installs on clients + the included server software.

I created a software purchase in LS, with the correct price and number of licenses.

However, on each client there are multiple components recognized by LS, for example acronis backup 11.7 agent core & acronis backup 11.7 agent for windows.

I've added the components under Software License Tracking > software.

My issue is that all the components are counted seperately, and even though we are using up our 10 licenses as prescribed, lansweeper still counts 33 components and flags the software as underlicensed.

Is there a way to link several components as being part of the same installation, or do I need to make a separate "purchase" for each component?
I'm sure the latter is a workaround, but it just seems so... unprofessional.

Leslie.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There is no built-in functionality in the compliance modules to bundle software packages. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it at this time. If you include multiple components of the same software in a license item, each component installation will be counted as one license "in use", as you indicated as well. The easiest solution to your problem would be to only include 1 component in your license item.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
There is no built-in functionality in the compliance modules to bundle software packages. This feature is on our customer wish list, but we do not have a release date for it at this time. If you include multiple components of the same software in a license item, each component installation will be counted as one license "in use", as you indicated as well. The easiest solution to your problem would be to only include 1 component in your license item.