cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sw_nick_ball
Engaged Sweeper
First time poster here, don't think I've seen this discussed.

I have a laptop that previously had a Microsoft Visio Premium 2010 Trial install. A product key for the Standard version has now been applied and the product verified as working at Standard level.

A rescan of the asset (multiple times) shows no difference in the product and product key reported by lansweeper (still Premium/key).

This concerns me as my Dashboard > Software reports are incorrect.

Will lansweeper not update the version in use from the version installed?

(ls v5334)
Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the reply we sent via email below.
Thank you for using Lansweeper.

Lansweeper pulls product key information from the client machine's registry. Most likely, the information is stored incorrectly in the registry itself, which is unfortunately not something we can fix. If you are running the latest Lansweeper release, have recently and successfully rescanned your machines with one of the Rescan buttons and the product edition is still reported incorrectly, it must be stored incorrectly in the client machine's registry itself, which is something we can do nothing about. Information on Office components specifically is pulled from the registry locations below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office (64-bit machines)

Just for future reference: it's not really useful to delete an asset prior to rescanning. Just rescanning with one of the Rescan buttons has the same effect. (Other scanning methods may respect your scan intervals and not rescan all computer data all the time.)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
We received and answered this question via email. For everyone else's benefit, I'm pasting the reply we sent via email below.
Thank you for using Lansweeper.

Lansweeper pulls product key information from the client machine's registry. Most likely, the information is stored incorrectly in the registry itself, which is unfortunately not something we can fix. If you are running the latest Lansweeper release, have recently and successfully rescanned your machines with one of the Rescan buttons and the product edition is still reported incorrectly, it must be stored incorrectly in the client machine's registry itself, which is something we can do nothing about. Information on Office components specifically is pulled from the registry locations below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office (64-bit machines)

Just for future reference: it's not really useful to delete an asset prior to rescanning. Just rescanning with one of the Rescan buttons has the same effect. (Other scanning methods may respect your scan intervals and not rescan all computer data all the time.)