cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pej-sbs
Engaged Sweeper

When I go into Software,  Windows Software and filter the list based on the "Software" column I get back a list of all matching software names with a line for each matching name variation, along with a count of each.

Is there an easy way to move from this display to a list of ALL assets that have any matching version installed?

For example, filter on "Crystal Reports".  In my environment this returns 24 different version, from "Crystal Reports 2016 SP3" to "Crystal Reports 2020 SP4 Update".

I can click on each individual line and get the details of the hosts installed, then export that to Excel.  Repeat for each of the other 23 lines, one at a time.  But I'd love to do the full export of all 24 entries and their underlying hosts in ONE click.

Do I have to write a specific report for this?

2 REPLIES 2
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@pej-sbs 

This can be done by going to the software tab and checking the Preview normalized software information. Here, you can customize the view.
Custom views (lansweeper.com)

Or click on a Software you want the list for.

On the next page, you can select Assets in the left-hand column to get a list of all the assets regardless of version.

pej-sbs
Engaged Sweeper

I'm using Lansweeper Classic (on-premise) and I don't see similar functionality. 

Even in Lansweeper Cloud for my specific use-case (Crystal Reports) the "normalized software" checkbox doesn't make much difference in showing all versions in one place.  This may be due to how SAP names the software installation with the version right in the name?  See examples with that checkbox on and off.

Another example is 7-Zip, which DOES normalize as expected -- see those examples too.