cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jluttrell
Engaged Sweeper
SQL Compact Database is Rapidly Expanding - Ever since installing the new 7.2 update our database has gone from 900Mb to 4gigs and maxed out all in a matter of a couple of hours..... What is going on and how can I fix this??
5 REPLIES 5
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We recommend only enabling performance scanning for critical assets, especially when scanning at a high (5 minute) interval. When using a SQL Compact database and scanning performance for a relatively large amount of assets you could run into database capacity issues.

As the quickest solution I'd recommend the following:
  • Go to Configuration\Server Options and adjust your performance cleanup interval (lowering it to e.g. 15 days).
  • Go to Scanning\Performance Scanning and adjust your performance targets. Increase the scanning interval and/or reduce the amount of assets that are targeted. Avoid setting large asset groups as targets.
  • Restart the Lansweeper Server service on your Lansweeper server. This will serve to immediately trigger the clean-up and clear any performance scans that were still waiting to be executed.
pfisher
Engaged Sweeper
Same here. The culprit appeared to be Performance Monitoring. I turned it off and ran maintenance on the DB to free up space. The issue has not resolved. The DB is full again with Perf. Monitoring turned off. Any solutions?
Paul Fisher
VP & Director, Information Technology
Foundation For The Carolinas
grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
Let's assume it's the same issue for both of you. Have you enabled performance monitoring?

Scanning>Performance Scanning

If so what type of interval and metrics do you have set up, and for how many devices? Do you have it set to cleanup performance data in your history cleanup options?
DStamps
Engaged Sweeper
JW Luttrell wrote:
SQL Compact Database is Rapidly Expanding - Ever since installing the new 7.2 update our database has gone from 900Mb to 4gigs and maxed out all in a matter of a couple of hours..... What is going on and how can I fix this??

I am experiencing the exact same issue. For me the issue is tblPerformanceCountersScanMetric.

grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
Check Configuration>Database Tables to see what table is growing so large. Just seeing the name of it should give an indicator of what is causing it to grow.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now