cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cristian_Blanco
Engaged Sweeper II
Good morning, we are having issues in our SQL server. We run server profiler a we are getting thousand of lines. When we disable all scanning targets and stop lansweeper service those lines reduce to 10%, but we are still having problems. Can anyone help us to make lansweeper use less resources and cause less troubles in our SQL server? Any tips?

Thanks you very much,
2 REPLIES 2
AZHockeyNut
Champion Sweeper III
Cristian Blanco wrote:
Good morning, we are having issues in our SQL server. We run server profiler a we are getting thousand of lines. When we disable all scanning targets and stop lansweeper service those lines reduce to 10%, but we are still having problems. Can anyone help us to make lansweeper use less resources and cause less troubles in our SQL server? Any tips?

Thanks you very much,

what kind of issues are you having?
how many instances? if more than one is the trouble isolated to the instance that contains lansweeper?
what is the config of your sql server? are there multiple disks? everything in one drive? etc? ram?

you can try using sql express on a different box (it will run an old pc if you need to) then backup and restore your LS db there and change your connection info to there (assuming that does not violate your LS license (I have no clue ya gotta verify with support)

I would move the db to another "server" if you think that is the culprit, if it is just that LS is scanning your sql server, then remove it from your scan targets, create it as its own scan target (by ip or something) then set its scan schedule to off hours and see if that helps
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Not sure if there is much that can be done. The profiler monitors pretty much all SQL traffic and actions taken. If you do a scan with Lansweeper, it doesn't surprise me that it has a hard time dealing with all the actions performed on the DB.

Can you not exclude the Lansweeper DB or specific actions on the Lansweeper DB from profiler?

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now