cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jboom88
Engaged Sweeper
I want to use a deployment package to perform a full system scan on all computers on our network. We are using Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.5. I know how to create packages. Not sure how to get Symantec to do what I want. It looks like you need to use DoScan.exe to achieve this. This is where I get lost. Has anyone tried this before?

Thanks,
John
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This Symantec page describes how to start a scan using command line. You can use the command given there in a command step.

We recommend manually testing commands on an example machine first and afterwards copy the command which is working to your deployment package. If a command requires user specific access rights, you might need to deploy it under the currently logged on user account.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Daniel_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This Symantec page describes how to start a scan using command line. You can use the command given there in a command step.

We recommend manually testing commands on an example machine first and afterwards copy the command which is working to your deployment package. If a command requires user specific access rights, you might need to deploy it under the currently logged on user account.