cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikey_
Engaged Sweeper III
I have upgraded a bunch of Windows 10 Pro machines to Enterprise and This field sometimes doesn't update. I'll have to delete it from database and rescan it. Usually that does it. But I have one that no matter what I do, it still says it is Win10 Pro.

Any Ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Mikey_
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks Charles...

We went through a network refresh over the weekend, so I am dealing collateral damage from that. But will try this again later.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If the WMI is incorrect then that's the issue.

You can try following the steps in this knowledgebase article to force a WMI rescan of the machine, this might update the information in the WMI class: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/47/How-to-repair-a-corrupt-WMI-installation.html
Mikey_
Engaged Sweeper III
Yup... No Go.... I tried rescanning... I've tried deleting it and rescanning the IP. After that I ran the command on the computer and it spit out "Microsoft Windows 10 Pro"

Not sure why, because the machine is Enterprise. Maybe there is a registry value hosed up after I changed the key to Enterprise.

Thanks!
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The operating system information is by default scanned once every 3 days by scanning targets. The first thing I would recommend is rescanning the asset using the Rescan Asset button on the asset's page. This will do a full rescan of all the items.

If after the rescan the information is still not correct, you run the following powershell command to check the information in the WMI class that Lansweeper scans:

(Get-WmiObject Win32_OperatingSystem).Caption

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now