cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewbarley
Engaged Sweeper II
I have been unable to have a help desk ticket created by sending an email via Exchange. I've tried every setting. The email test is good. The email address itself is good. It's actually a distribution group for our PCSupport group. I'm looking to have the group receive an email when the ticket is created and then a member of our team can either grab the ticket or have it assigned so we are not doubling up on ticket. The email relay is working. The ticket is not created. I've tried SSL on and OFF, changed ports, and verified the admin user/pass. We are running Exchange 2016 on a VM 2012 Server, under Outlook 2010.

Thanks guys!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Hi, our apologies for not catching this topic earlier. If you have an urgent issue we do recommend mailing directly into support@lansweeper.com, all emails sent to us get a reply within 24 hours and usually much sooner, not all forum posts are guaranteed to get answered.

You seem to indicate that you're using a distribution group as your helpdesk email address. This may be what is causing the issue. The email address that is added as your helpdesk email address under Configuration\E-mail Settings needs to have its own folder structure. The Lansweeper service checks the designated inbox folder of your email address for mails and treats all of them, this location is customizable but by default the "inbox" folder is checked. Any mail that meets your ignore rules set up under Configuration\E-mail Settings, and any mail that the system detects as originating from itself gets moved to helpdesk_ignore. All other emails are imported to your helpdesk and moved to helpdesk_archive.

We recommend setting up a dedicated email address for your helpdesk that has a folder structure.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
Hi, our apologies for not catching this topic earlier. If you have an urgent issue we do recommend mailing directly into support@lansweeper.com, all emails sent to us get a reply within 24 hours and usually much sooner, not all forum posts are guaranteed to get answered.

You seem to indicate that you're using a distribution group as your helpdesk email address. This may be what is causing the issue. The email address that is added as your helpdesk email address under Configuration\E-mail Settings needs to have its own folder structure. The Lansweeper service checks the designated inbox folder of your email address for mails and treats all of them, this location is customizable but by default the "inbox" folder is checked. Any mail that meets your ignore rules set up under Configuration\E-mail Settings, and any mail that the system detects as originating from itself gets moved to helpdesk_ignore. All other emails are imported to your helpdesk and moved to helpdesk_archive.

We recommend setting up a dedicated email address for your helpdesk that has a folder structure.
ewbarley
Engaged Sweeper II
I am revisiting this problem now due to other priorities. Is there a license restriction to the helpdesk? We have 1 agent (myself), but in order for me to justify the additional agents to budget I need a working model. Do I need additional agents for this to work? As I said I have checked and re-checked all my settings. We are an Exchange environment and I can see no reason why this doesn't work.
ewbarley
Engaged Sweeper II
UPDATE: I am able to send a message to My helpdesk email, helpdesk@mydomain.com, which is a distribution group, and I can get the message to my personal mailbox. A ticket is not created in helpdesk.

I can also create a ticket directly from the helpdesk system and I will receive an email from the system with the correct "ticket" prefix. It seems that all the pieces are working correctly except the creation of the initial ticket.

I have to be missing a step or a setting somewhere.